STATE-OF-THE-ART WATER TESTING FACILITY
WQTS' office in Los Angeles, California, includes a fully-equipped experimental laboratory and a pilot-scale equipment fabrication and maintenance facility. We offer our bench-scale testing services and pilot equipment fabrication services to water utilities and engineering firms. If you need to conduct bench-scale testing of your water, or if you need pilot-scale equipment for your project, we hope you will contact us.
Our laboratory was designed and equipped to conduct experimental work on the treatment of drinking water. We have an industrial-size refrigerator to store large water samples received from utilities across the country. An extensive bench-top counter space allows us to set up and conduct a wide variety of water treatment process testing including:
- Coagulation, flocculation, and sedimentation
- Formation of disinfection by-products
- Adsorption on granular or powdered activated carbon, or other specialty adsorbents
- Oxidation with ozone
- Rapid Small Scale Column Tests (RSSCT) for adsorption testing
- Adsorption on ion-exchange resins
- Biological destruction of water contaminants
WQTS staff is highly experienced in the design, planning, and implementation of bench-scale testing experiments that are focused on obtaining necessary information for a reliable water treatment process design and performance. Our bench-scale testing capabilities have been used by countless water agencies and engineering firms large and small.
Pilot Equipment Fabrication & Maintenance Facility
WQTS owns a fleet of mobile pilot-scale water treatment unit processes that are available to our clients for short-term or long-term lease, most of which are built in-house in our pilot equipment fabrication facility. They include:
- Coagulation, flocculation, and sedimentation unit process
- Ozone contactors
- Granular media filters
- GAC adsorbers
- Packed-column biological reactors
- Ion-Exchange columns
- Other custom-designed specialty equipment
Pilot equipment can be designed and fabricated for manual or automatic operation, as well as local or remote data access. Below are photographs of some of the pilot equipment we currently own.